Sunday, March 19, 2017

Meditations on God's love

Joshua 1:8 says, 'This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success'.

The word 'meditate' here in Joshua 1:8 is 'hagah' in Hebrew, and it can mean 'to ponder, to mutter, to utter, to speak, to talk'. Notice the word 'mouth' here? Therefore, in the context of this verse here, meditation involves your mouth. 

I have been taught since young to never allow the Word of God to depart from my mouth, and I am still keeping to it. This practice has been one of the 'anchors' in this journey of faith of mine, and my spiritual 'muscles' have been tremendously built through the years. I thank God for that. 

When you speak the Word of God out aloud, your ear hears it, and that's when your faith arises. Romans 10:17 says, 'So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God'.

I heard these words from the Lord for this time and season: 
"There is no fear in love, because My perfect love casts out fear. Look to Me, because My love for you never fails. When everything else fails, My love never fails. This is a time to set your mind on My love for you, and set your mind on how much I love you."

Notice the words 'This is a time to set your mind on My love for you'? One way to 'set your mind on His love for you' is by meditating on God's love for you. So, go ahead! Fill your mind with God's love for you! (Philippians 4:8-9) And believe for it! Declare these verses below aloud, and let your ear hear! I have personalized each of these verses for you. Speak each of these verses - 10, 30, 60, 100 times, or even more - till you know you are walking in the fullness of each of these verses that God has given you. Amen!

Meditations on God’s love (personalized for you)

1. I love God's name. God looks upon me and is merciful to me, and He will direct my steps with His Word (Psalm 119:132-133)

2. I am precious in God's sight and He loves me and honors me (Isaiah 43:4)

3. Nothing in this world can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:35)

4. In all things, I am made more than conquerors through God who loves me (Romans 8:37)

5. I have the love of God, and God's love for me never fails (1 Corinthians 13:8)

6. My Lord Jesus Christ and God my Father, who has loved me and given me everlasting consolation and good hope, comforts my heart and establishes me in every good word and work (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17)

7. I love Jesus and rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory (1 Peter 1:8)

8. I have no fear in love, because perfect love casts out fear. I love Him because He first loved me (1 John 4:18-19)

9. God is love. I am born of God and I belong to God. I receive the love of God now and I can love one another (1 John 4:7-8)

10. God abides in me and His love has been perfected in me (1 John 4:12)

11. The life which I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God who loves me and gave Himself for me (Galatians 2:20)

12. I have hope, and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in my heart by the Holy Spirit who was given to me (Romans 5:5)